Provide U.S. Navy ship maintenance engineering services in support of identification and correction of material condition discrepancies in HM&E, Aviation Systems, C4I, Combat Systems. Requires familiarity with aircraft carrier maintenance procedures.
Responsibilities involve coordinating, scheduling, and administering repair work on U.S. Navy ships, including: ship inspections, safety monitoring, material control, quality assurance, cost and schedule management, test and certification coordination, technical and contractual recommendations, and reporting.
• Provide waterfront support, field engineering and detailed design and engineering support for small boats.
• Have experience in ship design, construction, planning and production and complex ship operations.
• Provide engineering calculation, technical solutions and professional guidance for Weights, Stability and naval architect related issues.
• Responsible for research, development, regulation adherence, and stability analysis.
• Maintain superior customer relations and communications.
• Strive to maintain quality products, within schedule and cost.
• Work independently providing weight and moment calculations.
• Work independently providing waterfront support, field engineering and detailed design and engineering support to the small boat in-service engineering agent.
• Demonstrate experience in AutoCAD and 3D-modeling (Solid Works).
• Perform static stability analysis using General HydroStatics (GHS).
• Perform Intact and Damage Stability analysis for new designed craft.
• Perform Finite-Element Analysis and structural analysis.
• Inspect watercraft for structural integrity, research materials, develop work specifications and oversee repair and installation.
• Attend meetings and provide professional recommendations as requested.
• Professionally interface with customers and vendors.
• Provide quality products within the specifics of the naval architect requirements.
• Demonstrate the ability to work in an open communicative environment, and be able to adapt to changing design requirements rapidly.
• Provide project management, project supervision, planning, organizing and supervising designers / drafters and technicians.
• Prepare engineering sketches to help designers and drafters to complete engineering drawings.
• Check and review documents produced by other members of the department for completion and accuracy.
• Develop and apply advance methods, theories, and research techniques in the investigation and solution of complex technical problems.
• Plan, conduct, and evaluate projects or moderate phases of significant projects, coordinating efforts with engineers and staff.
• Develop and perform formal technical reports summarizing analyses, calculations and engineering studies.
• Available for CONUS and OCONUS travel.
The Surface Maintenance Engineering Planning Program (SURFMEPP) command maintains, monitors, and refines Class-wide and Individual-Ship Maintenance Plans for all non-nuclear surface ships to ensure material readiness for the projected service life, develops life-cycle strategies to address system upgrades, and fully implements the Class Maintenance Plan (CMP) into each surface ship's maintenance schedule and depot level availability planning process.
The Life Cycle Engineer is a subject matter expert for ship class lifecycle maintenance. This individual will coordinate with OPNAV, Fleet Commanders, TYCOMs, Port Engineers, Technical Warrant Holders, In-Service Engineering Agents, Ship Design Managers and Regional Maintenance Centers in all matters concerning maintenance and modernization. The incumbent routinely reviews the CSMP, CMP, Navy Maintenance Database (NMD) and other data sources to create life cycle planning documents for CNO availabilities that integrates all facets of maintenance and modernization. The Life Cycle Engineer is also responsible with assisting SURFMEPP and SEA 21 personnel with answering Congressional, Office of the Secretary of Defense, Force Management and Budget, and other agency requests for information, data calls, reports, and other similar inquiries.
Gryphon is seeking a talented Mid-Level Financial Analyst to join our team. This position will perform financial analysis and reporting in order to monitor contracts associated with business operations.
- Extensive experience in program control & reporting to include delivery of contract-level financial support and analysis (project accounting, project planning, ETCs, etc.).
- Knowledge and understanding of project set-up methods and an appreciation of the implications set-up may have downstream.
- Operate in an environment of continuous improvement to include identification, development and creation of opportunities for enhanced business processes in order to maximize customer satisfaction, accuracy and efficiency in all processes.
Develops budgets for assigned contracts and tracks performance to budgets.
- Creates, maintains, and updates financial databases and spreadsheets, and generates various financial reports as required.
- Collects and reviews financial data from various sources.
- Review cost projections for accuracy.
- Building cost estimates and preparing Estimates to Complete.
- Review of contract funding levels for the need for limitation of funds notifications and risk authorizations.
- Analyzes assigned contracts’ projected staff hours, contract totals, revenues, and profit totals, processing corrections as needed.
- Assess prior year performance to project future spending needs.
- Prepare presentations and reports to communicate financial policy and status.
- Supports assigned managers in managing, tracking, monitoring, and reporting financial data as requested.
- Interfaces with Project Managers, Contracts, Senior Technical Personnel, and Senior Management.
- Install, maintain, repair and optimize NRL’s Broadband, twisted pair and fiber optic infrastructure to support the network in accordance with industry standards during contract performance. Contractor shall provide general troubleshooting and resolution of network problems. This shall include CATV components, network wiring, and layer 2 Ethernet devices.
- Install and upgrade network equipment including Ethernet switches and wireless APs.
- Assist customers with troubleshooting and configuration of nodes to include NRL’s labwide network, remote access and the NRL Wireless LAN.
- Resolve help-desk phone and email trouble calls and respond to the lab-wide customers.
- Respond to emergency trouble calls during scheduled work hours and keep network customers up-to-date.
The physical location of the work to be performed under this contract will be at the Naval Research Laboratory, primarily at the Washington, DC location. Work schedule is a 40 hour work week schedule (8 hours a day). Services shall be conducted during an 8 hour shift daily during normal business hours. Monday through Friday, with a rotating 8 hour per day weekend/holiday schedule.
The Surface Maintenance Engineering, Planning, Program (SURFMEPP) maintains, monitors, and refines Class-wide and Individual-Ship Maintenance Plans for all non-nuclear surface ships to ensure material readiness for the projected service life, develop life-cycle strategies to address system upgrades, and fully implement the Class Maintenance Plan into each surface ship's maintenance schedule and availability planning process. SURFMEPP is headquartered at the Norfolk Naval Shipyard in Portsmouth, VA.
The candidate will support SURFMEPP and surface ship life cycle maintenance. Responsibilities may include:
- Develop and maintain availability maintenance planning for the U. S. Navy surface ship maintenance and modernization end to end process and the JFMM depot level planning requirements.
- Maintain the Navy Data Environment database (NDE), the VSB and M&SWP automated information systems as required.
- Routinely reviews the CSMP, CMP, Navy Maintenance Database (NMD) and other data sources to create life cycle planning documents for CNO availabilities that integrates all facets of maintenance and modernization.
- Assists SURFMEPP and SEA 21 personnel with answering Congressional, Office of the Secretary of Defense, Force Management and Budget, and other agency requests for information, data calls, reports, and other similar inquiries.
- Validate existing CMP and life cycle maintenance content through engineering and data analysis
- Validate the CSMP, CMP, NMD, and Maintenance Resource System (MRS) execution content through review of requirements in the Joint Fleet Maintenance Manual, Naval Ships Technical Manuals, Ship Specifications, system/equipment technical manuals, instructions. drawings, and other artifacts
- Conduct detailed reviews of ship CSMP entries and maintenance availability closeout reports to identify requirements, cost elements and impact to future maintenance availability durations and budgets.
- Assist in maintaining the accuracy, content, integrity of and accessibility to the CMP and the M&SWP database for surface ships.
- Document processes and work instructions as required.
- Perform scheduled analyses of surface ship End to End processes/products to promote the proper planning and integration of ship system maintenance and modernization and related shipyard support services.
- Support development of process/product metrics and utilize metrics to improve SURFMEPP product content and recommend improvements to SURFMEPP internal processes/products.
The pricing analyst should have a complete understanding and wide application of pricing principles, theories and concepts. Working under only general direction, provides solutions to a wide range of pricing issues.
- Independently determines and develops approach to pricing proposal development.
- Supports the analysis and development of Price to Win (PTW) strategies.
- Exercises considerable latitude in determining objectives and approaches to assignment.
- Develops and supports the development of complex staffing plans as part of the proposal preparation process.
- Develops labor and Other Direct Costs relating to proposal efforts based on personal input from and input from other proposal team members.
- Analyzes specifications and calculates production costs using labor and material pricing schedules and historical data.
- Collects cost data from functional representatives, subcontractors, and vendors.
- Helps prepare and maintain historical pricing cost data.
- Develops the cost proposal narratives and cost proposal workbooks required by solicitation documents.
- As required reviews the work products of other Pricing/Financial Analysts.
- Facilitates pricing reviews and provides pricing guidance to proposal and capture team members to ensure that pricing strategy is completed in accordance with the approved Estimating Manual.
- Remains current on Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR), Cost Accounting Standards (CAS) and contract types, including Firm Fixed Price, Cost Plus, IDIQ and Time and Materials (T&M), and familiarity with a diverse range of customers including, federal and DoD.
Manages experienced professionals who exercise latitude and independence in their assignments. Plans, conducts and supervises assignments, generally involving larger and more important proposals or multiple proposals. Evaluates and determines changes in methods or procedures in assigned area of responsibility. Determines candidates for employment/termination, conducts performance evaluations and salary reviews for assigned staff and is responsible for the application of company policies and the development and maintenance of company pricing policies.
- Manages the pricing function and performs cRequest for Proposal (RFP) analysis, proposal preparation; and customer contact related to contract the acquisition process.
- Develops Price to Win (PTW) bidding strategies for all new business and recompete procurement proposal efforts.
- Responsible for the preparation of pricing for all new business proposals, and the review of all change proposals, and task orders quotes.
- Is highly familiar with the requirements for developing proposals for all contract types including but not limited to, fixed price, cost type, time and materials, and IDIQ multiple award contracts.
- Provides in-depth knowledge of FAR/DFAR and other applicable government regulations; reviews and approves Request for Proposal (RFP) and proposal documents to ensure compliance with all of the company’s pricing policies, s
- Ensures company-wide estimating system compliance, as well as advises management of pricing rights/obligations and provides interpretation of RFP requirements. Represents the Company as a prime internal and external contact on all in-process and active proposals.
- Reviews complex solicitations and prepares specialized and/or non-routine response for proposals, bids, and contract modifications.
- Provides guidance and direction to Pricing/Financial Analyst team members in the development of pricing proposal responses.
- Provides transition support in the startup of both new business and recompete contracts.
- Working with contracts, develops negotiation strategy and supports/leads negotiation team on contractual issues.
- Establishes pricing policies/processes and oversees the work of subordinate employees.
· High School Diploma or GED.
· Excellent communication skills, both oral and written.
· General understanding of CG/DDG engineering systems
· 5-8 years’ experience as a Gas Turbine System Technician, Electrical (GSE) or Electrician’s Mate (with CG and/or DDG experience).
· One year experience in Navy training, assessing training needs and evaluating training effectiveness.
· Ability to learn new technologies, systems and processes quickly.
· Must work well in a team environment, as well as independently.
· Familiarity and comfort level with use of desktop tools for documentation, i.e., PowerPoint, Word and Excel, etc.
· Qualified Propulsion and Auxiliary Control Console (PACC) and Electric Plant Control Console (EPCC) Operator.
· Must be adaptable, a creative problem-solver, self-motivated and needs to be very flexible.
· Must have the ability to obtain/ maintain a government security clearance
· Must have a passport or be able to obtain one in a reasonable timeframe.
· Navy Instructor 9502 NEC
· Ability to travel significantly for up to weeks at a time
· Prepares and provides various reports and technical reviews to customer and senior management as requested.
· Serve as primary interface and technical contact to customers
· Manage multiple program components and activities simultaneously, ensuring efficiency and effectiveness is achieved
This individual will administer the Accounts Payable function within the organization's established policies. The candidate will communicate with external vendors, process invoices and ensure they are paid according to terms and discounts agreed upon, and suggest improvements in processes to increase the efficiency of the department.
Key Result Areas (Responsibilities):
- Assist with the daily operations within the Accounts Payable Department.
- Provide full cycle accounts payable support.
- Communicate with employees, company sites and vendors via phone or email regarding their invoices and/or payments in a prompt and professional manner.
- Review and process employee expense reports in Deltek Time & Expense
- Accurately reconcile, code and key in vendor invoices / expense reports to ensure employees and outside vendors are paid in accordance with company policies and/or vendor contract terms.
- Perform timely and accurate weekly vendor and employee check runs, EFT's, ACHs and/or wires.
- Reconcile vendor statements and researching vendor payments.
- Maintain and update AP master files, system tables and configurations to ensure system performance and data integrity.
- Providing support in the Month/Quarter/Year end closing processes and/or audits, to include 1099 preparation and AP sub-ledger to General Ledger reconciliation.
- Enforce operating standards in a professional, collaborative manner.
- Support business users in the identification and resolution of AP system and process issues.
- Maintain all payable records to include archiving, filing, etc.
- Regularly review/edit departmental SOP and desktop procedures as needed.
- Assist accounting department with other jobs as needed.
- Assist team in designing new systems or modified existing designs in support of various vessel classes
- Incorporate design changes from engineering packages or Liaison Action Record (LAR) into drawing and BoatAlt packages
- Correct marked-up drawings and/or sketches per fleet requirements
- Develop and prepare schematics and compile and compute engineering data and drawings under direction of engineering staff
- Develop 3D models and extraction for 2D drawing development
- Seeking an experienced Electronics Technician. Work may be performed on US Navy and Coalition platforms. Junior level maintenance, repair and fabrication of test equipment (test sets, test cables, test fixtures required.
- Provide detailed design and engineering support for small boats.
- Familiarity with all ship and boat systems (Power and Lighting Distribution, Interior Communications and Electronics)
- Perform as a designer capable of scoping material to suit design requirements.
- Conduct engineering calculations (i.e. voltage drop, over current protection device sizing, circuit analysis, fault current analysis and coordination studies
- Prepare materials for, and conduct, periodic design reviews and execute engineering design, analysis and development activities consistent with customer quality, cost and schedule requirements.
- Perform as a designer or drafting advisor for major phases of marine electrical and electronic design.
- Conduct engineering design studies, analyze requirements, select standard engineering or construction techniques, procedures and specifications and designate material requirements.
- Develop basic technical, design or planning data.
- Make preliminary layouts and sketches and present technical, design and planning proposals including test requirements and specification definitions.
- Work independently providing waterfront support, detailed design and engineering support to the CDI-Marine project engineer.
- Familiar with engineering and design principles relating to marine electrical and electronic systems.
- Provide design and drafting support to Ship Systems in all areas of electrical and electronic design.
- Develop 3D models and extraction for 2D drawing development.
- Thorough knowledge of accepted design methods and concepts, and must be familiar with engineering, design or other principles.
- Identify requirements and prepare detail designs based on contract requirements and applicable specifications.
- Perform ship-checks and prepare marked-up drawings and/or sketches to reflect design conditions or requirements.
- Assimilate, review and analyze a variety of ship engineering data to determine requirements to meet engineering objectives.
- Plan and conduct assigned projects of relatively limited scope or a portion of a larger and more diverse project.
- Calculate design data and prepare layouts, detailed specifications and parts lists.
- Work from outlines of objectives, requirements and design approaches received from more senior design personnel or management.
- Perform work with a minimum of supervisory assistance and in compliance with prior engineering determination.
- Develop Liaison Action Records and Boat Alteration Records.
- Check engineering drawings and associated parts lists for function, fit, drafting quality, tolerances, producability and ease of installation and to assure that interfaces are correct and interfacing activities have been referenced.
- Investigate construction and service factors, such as ease of production, availability of material, equipment standardization, interchangeability, serviceability, replaceability, strength-weight efficiency, cost effectiveness, contractual specification requirements and test criteria.
Site Managers (SM)
Serve as primary point of contact with the Government COR and/or ACOR. Apply program regional and site resources to execute the CSP mission. Exercise full decision-making authority for contractor site CSP activities. Ensure program quality and a safe working environment. Designated as the Responsible Individual (per MCO 4400.201 Vol 13, Chapter 8)
- Manufacturing of military and civilian prototype and production electronic equipment, test fixtures, ground support equipment, Circuit Card Assemblies, harnesses and cables.
- Cutting wires to length using automated tool
- Properly crimping contacts
- Properly strip wire
- Use torque tools and instruction manual detailing the proper adapters for use.
- Solder CCA through hole and surface mount components.
- Follow assembly instructions
- Use a PC with label software
- Accurately kit parts
- Solder wires onto contacts
- Follow safety procedures as necessary.
- Routing wires
- Assembles and performs automated testing of electronics according to product specifications.
- Use laser wire marker
- Use wire over braid machine
- Design and engineer electrical/electronic components for installation on boats.
- Provide waterfront support, field engineering and detailed design and engineering support for small boats.
- Understand engineering/design specifications and engineering principles and methods, to perform engineering analysis and resolve engineering problems of moderate complexity.
- Working knowledge of engineering analysis and design applications programs is required.
- Provide engineering calculation, technical solutions and professional guidance for electrical, IC, Command, Control, Communication and Computer systems.
- Responsible for research, development, regulation adherence, material conditions surveying and industrial oversight.
- Maintain superior customer relations and communications.
- Strive to maintain quality products, within schedule and cost.
- Prepare layouts and specifications; review design proposals and drawings; and assure that specifications meet performance requirements.
- Provide electrical engineering expertise to the development of technical specifications, requisition and bid documents, inspection and testing requirements, etc.
- Apply specialized engineering knowledge and training to analyze and resolve design and production issues.
- Translate design to drawing of 440VAC/120VAC, 24VDC and 12VDC power distribution systems on small to medium size craft.
- Design systems utilizing IEEE-45, Coast Guard and military regulations for selections of components, cabling, hardware, etc. and working knowledge of current installation practices.
Subject Matter Expert Diesel Engine Inspectors in support of COMNAVSURFPAC to provide Sailor centric deck plate training assessments reporting, analysis, recommendations, corrective actions and post-action reporting with crews as they prepare for major evolutions, certifications and inspections
- Identify performance/operational weaknesses throughout the assessment and provide training to correct identified weaknesses and improve operational readiness for Dock Landing Ships (LSDs), Amphibious Transport Docks (LPD-17s), Mine Counter Measure Ships (MCMs), Guided Missile Destroyers (DDGs), Guided Missile Cruisers (CGs), Guided Missile Frigates (FFGs), General Purpose Assault Ships (LHAs),Multiple Purpose Assault Ships (LHDs), Amphibious Command Ships (LCCs) and Amphibious Transport Docks (LPD-4s) class crews
- Provide program management support for engineering services supporting US Navy Aircraft Carrier Programs.
- Interface with Program Office Personnel, Technical Warrant Holders, Shipyards and SUPSHIP and In-Service Engineering Agents, to resolve technical issues pertaining to ship construction, maintenance and modernization and inactivation, system design, system integration and system installation.
- Oversee a work force of 100 personnel and subcontracts ensuring quality, and timeliness.
- Track program cost, schedule and performance data and prepare written reports and briefs to communicate and document program status and progress.
Configuration/Data Management (CDM) professional experienced with performing the configuration and data management functions on hardware development programs to support NSWCPHD UNREP Program.
This position will perform Change Package Management (CPM) ACCESS and other Microsoft Office products to process data items and maintain the program technical baseline.
This position will provide CDM support as part of System Engineering and Integration. Successful implementation requires initiative and flexibility to meet program milestones as well as an understanding of the principals of CDM.
- 3 Years’ experience in Configuration Data Manager Database – Open Architecture (CDMD-OA) with ISEA rights for Work File development.
The ability to understand the change management process and how to manage the technical baseline of a large hardware development program are key characteristics of the CPM position.