Click column header to sort
Develop and review Navy Training System Plans (NTSPs), Crew Sequencing and Phasing Plans (CSPP), and Manpower Estimate Reports (MER). Adjudicate associated comments to CONOPS. Coordinate implementation of training and crewing for new ship acquisitions.
Identify ship and systems logistics support requirements. Track system, equipment, and documentation delivery and staging. Plan and execute ship outfitting. Identify and resolve logistics issues throughout ship production and post-delivery. Coordinate issues with program personnel, SUPSHIP, shipbuilder, PARMs, and stakeholders. Participate in Integrate Logistics Support Management Team (ILSMT) meetings.
Coordinate with PARMs to manage shipboard system development, configuration, integration, delivery, testing, and logistics support requirements.
Perform ship acquisition program management activities such as tracking and review of shipbuilder provided CDRL submissions, managing Requests for Information (RFIs), stakeholder coordination, evaluate shipbuilder and system provider schedules, develop program briefs, and track action items.
Develop ACAT ID program milestone documentation in accordance with DoD 5000 series guidance. Develop/review ship acquisition RFP and contract documentation. Assist government program managers in ship acquisition program management activities, including Program Reviews, PARM Reviews, and Risk Management activities.
Plan and execute ship developmental and operational test and trials, and manage resolution of all issues identified. Develop test plans and procedures, support test execution, develop and manage trial cards, and write test reports. Perform evaluations, analyses, and develop solutions for Technology Readiness Level (TRL), Certification Test and Evaluation (CT&E), Security Test and Evaluation (ST&E).
Develop and maintain shipbuilding program Test and Evaluation Strategy Test and Evaluation Master Plan (TEMP) in coordination with program participants and stakeholders. Coordinate developmental and operational tests and trails.
Perform shipboard systems integration and design baseline management for Navy Combat Systems, C4ISR systems, Aviation Systems, and HM&E systems. Review ship and systems design documentation, identify and resolve technical issues. Evaluate Engineering Change Proposals.
Implement (DoD) Program Planning and Budget Execution (PPBE) processes, develop shipbuilding program budget estimates, perform financial analyses for Gate Reviews, evaluate program alternatives, develop life cycle cost estimates and evaluate Total Ownership Cost reduction opportunities. Provide cost analyses in response to Congressional and Regulatory Agency inquires. Evaluate shipbuilder Engineering Change Proposals.
Evaluate shipboard system designs and network architectures to identify vulnerabilities, assess risks, and develop cybersecure design solutions in accordance with Navy guidance. Apply the Risk Management Framework process to shipboard systems to assess security issues and develop risk-based cyber security controls in support of the Navy assessment and authorization process.
Develop/analyze/review engineering design documents for Navy ship machinery control systems. Perform shipboard control system testing, troubleshoot control system issues.
Develop/analyze/review engineering design documents defining a System of Systems network architecture for new construction Navy ships.
Will be lead for all tasking related to MCMS and working with an existing core team at 05V and NSWCPD. MCMS is one of the Navy’s largest control systems and interfaces with 28 HM&E to provide control and monitoring of 30 different types of field devices distributed across the ship. The MCMS lead coordinates team activity and works with the TWH’s for these systems to insure proper integration of the MCMS into the ship’s design. Attend meetings and supply reports, as required.
The Surface Maintenance Engineering, Planning, Program (SURFMEPP) maintains, monitors, and refines Class-wide and Individual-Ship Maintenance Plans for all non-nuclear surface ships to ensure material readiness for the projected service life, develop life-cycle strategies to address system upgrades, and fully implement the Class Maintenance Plan into each surface ship's maintenance schedule and availability planning process. SURFMEPP is headquartered at the Norfolk Naval Shipyard in Portsmouth, VA.
The Master Specification Catalog (MSC) Planner will support the MSC Management Officer by developing and maintaining catalog templates; implementing directed changes from the Standard Specifications for Ship Repair and Alteration Committee (SSRAC), and other tasks concerning MSC maintenance. This planner will work with other SURFMEPP subject matter experts to develop catalog templates which support Directed Maintenance Strategies being implemented across the Surface Fleet. This SME will also serve to promote the use and improvement of the MSC and encouraging standard planning methodologies by all Planning Activities. Specific duties include:
- Working within Navy Maintenance Database (NMD) as a planner working principally within Mechanical Disciplines.
- Be knowledgeable of the Joint Fleet Maintenance Manual (JFMM), especially Volume II (Integrated Fleet Maintenance) and Volume VII (Contracted Ship Maintenance).
- Write work specifications/templates and estimate in accordance with 4-E of the JFMM.
- Review work Templates for accuracy and approve/disapprove.
- Conduct technical research in support of MSC template development, obtaining information from anyone of several Navy technical repositories [e.g. Combined Regional Technical Library (CORETL) or Technical Documentation Management Information System (TDMIS)].
Performs traditional general accounting functions such as accounts receivable, accounts payable, payroll analysis, general ledger and month end closings. Applies principles of accounting to analyze financial information and prepare financial reports. Maintains or oversees the control of accounts and records in such areas as disbursements, expenses, tax payments, and income. Compiles and analyzes financial information to record transactions, prepare reports, and review and verify accuracy. Prepares balance sheet and profit and loss statements, consolidated financial statements, and other accounting schedules and reports. Prepares financial statements and supporting schedules according to monthly close plan. Prepares forecasts and reports detailing revenues and expenses by cost center. Analyzes financial statements, and investigates and reports on variances. Prepares tax returns and other corporate reporting requirements. Assists with preparations for the annual audit. Corresponds with other departments to ensure proper accounting for revenue, purchases and expenses. May design, modify, install, and/or maintain accounting systems to ensure an adequate recognition of financial transactions. Responsible for the adherence to and communication of accounting and auditing policies and procedures.
- Attend Sub Scheduling Conference
- Work with TYCOM PAC/LANT from Sub Community to baseline and determine all sub schedules
- Worked with new lead to support to update FP and address current issues with fielding and NIAPS Versions.
- Update contact info for OSICs (PAC/LANT).
- Track Naval Message for Carrier Class for approvals.
- Update POA&M and FP install dates in SPIDER
- Work with team to maintain and track install tracker.
- Work with PMW-240 to maintain monthly metrics report.
- Help support NIAPS Weekly Installation Report in coordination with the NIAPS Fleet Support Lead and AP team.
- Update current Master Scheduling Tracker ISO SIPR Configuration and out year planning schedule.
Seeking an experienced on-site Payroll Accountant to support payroll in our DC HQ office. This position offers the opportunity to be instrumental in business growth and development while still maintaining a great work life balance. This role partners with and supports internal/external users/management in issue resolution and the development of new process and technical solutions.
The Payroll Accountant will be responsible for accurate maintenance of the Employee Master File, timely management of the information feed from the HR System/department, processing of electronic time-sheets in Costpoint Time Collection, working professionally with ADP to prepare the semi-monthly/bi-weekly/weekly payrolls, tax payments and various ad-hoc reporting.
- The daily operations within the Payroll Department.
- Responsible for processing garnishments, unemployment reporting, time-off reporting and generating standard and ad hoc reports.
- Responsible for balancing payroll runs and communicating transfers for ADP’s services.
- Handling all withholding tax issues including quarterly and annual balancing.
- Assure timely an accurate filing of all federal, state and local taxes in various states where the company has employees.
- Performing timely and accurate preparation of semi-monthly/weekly/bi-weekly payrolls for entire company via ADP Workforce Now; ensuring employees are paid in compliance to state laws and company policies.
- Maintaining and update payroll system tables and configurations.
- Monitoring system performance and ensure system and data integrity.
- Performing provider bill reconciliation and journal entry spreadsheets as it relates to payroll and employee fringe benefits.
- Providing support in the Month/Quarter/Year end processes and/or audits.
- Perform benefit-to-cost payroll reconciliations to ensure the company is capturing all benefit costs appropriately.
- Supporting business users in the identification and resolution of payroll system and process issues.
- Supporting conversion and acquisition location implementations as it relates to the payroll system.
- Must be able to demonstrate the ability to manage projects or assignments that are moderately complex in nature where professional judgment is required in solving problems and making recommendations.
- Assisting with other jobs as needed.
- Technical planning, system integration, verification and validation, cost and risk, and supportability and effectiveness analyses for total systems.
- Performs analyses at all levels of total system product to include: concept, design, fabrication, test, installation, operation, maintenance, modernization and disposal.
- Ensures the logical and systematic incorporation of maintenance requirements into total availability solutions that acknowledge technical, schedule, and cost constraints.
- Conducts research, designs, develops, performs T&E for ships, ship systems and associated subsystems.
- Analyzes ship systems product or equipment specifications and performance requirements to determine designs that can be produced or maintained by existing processes or infrastructure.
- Evaluates new advanced technologies for application in meeting or extending the service life of ships or ship systems.
- Plans, coordinates, directs, and evaluates testing of complex ship systems.
- Performs risk assessment of advanced ship systems and supports risk mitigation plans and strategies.
Perform complex systems engineering tasks in support of US Navy contract involving system development, integration, installation, test, and acquisition of Air Traffic Control systems.
Perform systems engineering tasks in support of US Navy contract involving Air Traffic Control systems. Candidates will apply engineering principles to investigate, analyze, plan, design, develop, implement, test, or evaluate ATC systems. They will also perform system integration, configuration management, quality assurance testing, or acquisition and resource management functions.