Gryphon Technologies, LC / Gryphon Marine / Gryphon M&T (Gryphon) is a premier professional and engineering services provider to the Department of Defense. Gryphon is the federal Government’s partner working in support of mission critical systems in every phase of their lifecycle. We are proud of our ability to help shape tomorrow, while ensuring today’s U.S. and coalition forces can carry out their critical missions and tasks.
Gryphon is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Provides technical editing services and TM program guidance to assure TM documentation is technically and editorially correct and available within the established time frame. Responsible for the technical editing of the project's Technical Documentation Program
The position requires knowledge of UNREP systems and technical documentation.
Responsible for successful accomplishment of project publication program objectives, which include the following:
1. Critically analyzes and edits material to assure adequate content; proper organization, correct and consistent style and format as directed by applicable specifications and standards; clarity; readability; and conciseness.
2. Provides guidelines for the development and merging of text and illustrative material, ascertaining coherent and complementary usage of textual explanation and graphic illustration to create effective TM documentation which in scope, technical level, and explanatory detail is appropriate to the intended audience.
3. Develops and/or updates existing TM plans. Selects or tailors specifications that govern the content and format of assigned TM material. Writes or updates technical manual portions of Integrated Logistic Support Plans (ILSP).
4. Maintains accurate and current records of assigned technical documentation development and status to facilitate on-line information access, report generation, and maintenance of various NAVSEA management data bases.
5. Develops technical documentation portions of Integrated Product Support (IPS) documents. Arranges for printing and distribution.
High school diploma and a minimum of 1 year experience required in performing technical manual support of Navy or MSC systems.
Must be proficient in technical document editing using MS Word, and Excel.
One must have exceptional written and verbal communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills. Ability to follow directions is a must. Applicants must be able to work well alone and as part of a team. A Security Clearance or the ability to obtain one will be required. U.S. Citizenship required.