- Provide technical and detailed design support for a variety large and small ships.
- Prepare packages for, and conduct, periodic ship checks and develop engineering design packages for developing detailed design drawings.
- Perform as a designer and checker for major phases of marine structural design.
- Conduct engineering design studies, analyze requirements, select standard engineering or construction techniques, procedures and specifications and designate material requirements.
- Develop basic technical, design or planning data.
- Make preliminary layouts and sketches and present technical design proposals.
- Work independently providing detailed design and support to the NAV Arch Structural Supervisor.
- Identify requirements and prepare detail designs based on contract requirements and applicable specifications.
- Perform ship-checks and prepare marked-up drawings and/or sketches to reflect design conditions or requirements.
AAssimilate, review and analyze a variety of ship engineering data to determine requirements to meet engineering objectives.
- Develop 3D models and extraction for 2D drawing development.
- Plan and lead assigned projects of relatively limited scope or a portion of a larger and more diverse project.
- Calculate design data and prepare layouts, detailed specifications and parts lists.
- Work from outlines of objectives, requirements and design approaches received from management.
- Perform work with a minimum of supervisory assistance and in compliance with prior engineering determination.
- Check engineering drawings and associated parts lists for function, fit, drafting quality, tolerances, produceability and ease of installation and to assure that interfaces are correct and interfacing activities have been referenced.
- Investigate construction and service factors, such as ease of production, availability of material, equipment standardization, interchangeability, serviceability, replaceability, strength-weight efficiency, cost effectiveness, contractual specification requirements and test criteria.