- Work under the supervision of Principal Naval Architect, Engineers & Project Managers to perform concept, preliminary, contract and detailed design and engineering support.
- Understand engineering/design specifications and engineering principles and methods, to perform naval engineering analysis and resolve design problems and trade-offs for conceptual design.
- Provide engineering calculation and technical solutions for ship systems.
- Perform research, development, regulation adherence, material conditions surveying and light industrial activities.
- Maintain superior customer relations and communications.
- Strive to maintain quality products, within schedule and cost.
- General knowledge of ship and boat design and marine systems.
- Research and implement design and installation rules for ABS, Mil Spec, ABYC and other commercial standards.
- Collect and analyze technical data for design or feasibility studies.
- Evaluate performance and life-cycle operational requirements and develops engineering design to meet customer requirements.
- Prepare arrangements and specifications; review design proposals and drawings; and assure that specifications meet performance requirements.
- Provide naval architecture/engineering to the development of technical specifications, requisition and bid documents, inspection and testing requirements, etc.
- Effectively use Computer Aided Design principles, both 2-D and 3-D and Microsoft applications such as Word, Excel, Access and Power Point.
- Demonstrate the ability to work in an open communicative environment, and be able to adapt to changing design requirements rapidly.
- Prepare engineering sketches to help designers and drafters to complete engineering drawings.
- Assist with formal technical reports summarizing analyses, calculations and engineering studies.
MINIMUM SKILL REQUIREMENTS:
- Accredited degree in Naval Architecture and Marine Engineering or similar degree from a four-year university, and accredited by the Accreditation Board for Engineering and Technology (ABET).
- Desirable to have experience using naval architecture design tools and computer software. Examples are GHS, Rhino, NavCAD. On-site training provided.
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Word, Excel, Access and Project.
- A basic understanding and use of AutoCAD is needed, as well as knowing basic drafting and drawing development standards.
- Applicants will be subject to a security investigation and must meet the eligibility requirements to obtain a security clearance issued by the US Government.
- Requires U.S Citizenship with ability to obtain a security clearance issued by the US Government. In addition to the security clearance, this position may require an additional background screening for base access.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
- CARRYING and LIFTING. Ability to transport and lift objects up to 30 lbs.
- Employee may access remote areas of multi-level vessels
- Must comply with Company’s Driver Safety Policy if assigned to operate company and/or rental vehicles