- Plan, execute, and finalize projects according to strict deadlines and within budget. This includes acquiring resources and coordinating the efforts of team members and third-party contractors or consultants in order to deliver projects according to plan. The Project Manager will also define the project’s objectives and oversee quality control throughout its life cycle.
- Direct and manage project development from beginning to end.
- Point of contact for everything involving the project.
- Plan, schedule, track project timelines milestones and deliverables using appropriate tools. (Gantt charts/POAMs)
- Plan tools for task, estimate material and labor costs, establish and monitor manufacturing schedules.
- Identify and manage project dependencies and critical path.
- Maintains project file to include (RFQ/Authorizations, estimate, CRs, LARs, QDRs, etc).
- Write condition reports and report on material status to the program team, and drive actions necessary to resolve any limiters, such as finding substitute parts, negotiating improved dates with suppliers, participate in make/buy decisions based on appropriate criteria.
- Authorizes purchases on the project keeping the project on time/budget and raises flags.
- Directs the field/shop supervisor/leads on execution of the project.
- Reaches out to AIT supervisors, CDI Project Engineers, employees as needed for clarification/estimating/execution.
- Identify and resolve issues and conflicts within the project team.
- Develop and deliver progress reports, proposals, requirements documentation, and presentations.
- Proactively manage changes in project scope, identify potential crises, and devise contingency plans.
- Compares estimated labor/materials to actual for future estimates.
- Review drawings and choose materials and consumables necessary to purchase.
- Read MIL-spec, blueprint reading, material requirements planning processes & concepts, enterprise resources planning processes & concepts, and capacity requirements planning processes & concepts.
- Conducts Final QA
- Liaise with project stakeholders on an ongoing basis.
- Negotiate with other department managers for the acquisition of required personnel from within the company.
- Set and continually manage project expectations with team members and other stakeholders.
- Build, develop, and grow any business relationships vital to the success of the project.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
MINIMUM SKILL REQUIREMENTS:
- 5 (+) years of Project Management experience / Project Lead
- Strong familiarity with project management software such as Microsoft Project.
- Experience at working both independently and in a team-oriented, collaborative environment is essential.
- Knowledgeable and qualified in marine production trades (i.e. electrical, electronic, mechanical, structural, piping, welding, etc.)
- Excellent planning, communication and organizational skills, and work effectively with shop supervisors, technical staff and outside vendors.
- Experience in estimating electrical, structural, and mechanical fabrication and execution.
- Can conform to shifting priorities, demands and timelines through analytical and problem-solving capabilities.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high pressure environment is crucial.
- Strong personal computer knowledge with strong aptitude in spreadsheet development and database maintenance to include Excel.
- Passport and Security Clearance
- Applicant will be subject to a security investigation and must meet the eligibility requirements to obtain and maintain a security clearance issued by the US Government.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
- CARRYING and LIFTING. Ability to transport and lift up to 30 lbs.
- Employee is required to access remote areas of multi-level vessels
- Must comply with Company’s Driver Safety Policy if assigned to operate company and/or rental vehicles